Public Speaking Coaching For Women
Confidential. Personal. Results.
Why is the quest to find your authentic voice so elusive? Shift from Fear to Fabulous with 1:1 public speaking coaching for women with Geraldine. Coaching may be just your thing if you: thrive best 1-to-1, long for thoughtful reflection, need professional feedback, desire confidentiality and want to fast track freeing the public speaking goddess you suspect dwells within. Here’s how to take those first steps:
1.Read the FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions) below so you understand how it works and if it feels right for you.
2. To Find Out More Or Book An Initial Consult, fill out the Enquiry below. Share what you are looking for, check Geraldine’s availability and synchronise diaries. Sometimes there’s a 2-week wait list, so contact her now rather than 3 days before your presentation!
3. All new clients begin with the 90-minute Initial Consult. The cost is $160. For some, this session may be all you need. For others, it is the beginning of a fruitful, professional relationship taking you places you hoped to go… and beyond. If you are ready, press the button!
What Do You Want In 6 Weeks Time? In 6 Months? In 6 Years?
Stage 1: Find My Authentic Voice
For The Very Nervous Ready To Overcome Stage Fright And Be Relaxed, Present And Authentic
- Manage speaking fear and stage fright
- Use body language for confidence and credibility
- At ease with eye contact and natural gestures
- Vocal variation: pacing, pausing and emphasis
- Visualisations to tap into subconscious wisdom
- Access meditation for calm & personal growth
- Reconnect with self-belief and trust
- Job Interview confidence & skill articulation
- Stand your ground and say “no”.
Stage 2: Know Everything About Every Presentation I Ever Have To Make!
For Professionals Ready to Expand, Reach More People And Stand Out From The Crowd
- Engagingly authentic, present and conversational
- Craft Your Story – logical, concise, engaging
- Self Introductions: 30 seconds & 2 minutes
- How to be compelling; not boring!
- Formal Presentations, Pitches & Speeches
- Use stories, case studies and props skillfully
- Create and facilitate interactive Workshops
- Handle Q & A and Impromptu Speaking
- Group Facilitation & MC’ing Events
- Keep audiences connected and engaged
- Sell, promote & inspire groups into action
- Gracious stage management techniques
- Handle difficult people and situations
- Write authentic Speaker Biographies
- Be natural, engaging and on-message for camera
- Distil your point of difference to craft your unique, memorable message.
Stage 3: Icing On My Cake Please
For Experienced Speakers & Leaders Ready For More And Want Confidential Help To Get There
- Highly confidential for clients requiring discretion
- Advanced work at Stages 1 and 2
- Practice Playground for your presentations
- Constructive, honest advice and feedback
- Creative, professional polish and kap@w!
- Align purpose with your message
- Stay in flow, presence and authenticity
- Set up your legacy footprint
- Enrich interpersonal communication
- Work with blocks to personal expansion
- Stay on track with big lifetime goals and priorities.
Public Speaking Coaching For Women FAQs
What Does 1:1 Coaching Cost And Include?
|Initial Consultation $160
Perfect For Quick Answers
|Bloom Program $750
Perfect For Short Term Goals
|Radiance Program $1500
Perfect For Big, Long Term Goals
|*1 x 90 minute session, confidential, results-oriented, techniques to practise & professional advice.
*3 Page Clarity Pre-Questionnaire
*1 Page Recommended Insight & Action Plan.
*Opportunity to assess our effectiveness in working together.
* Returning Clients may book single 90 minute sessions as they need.
|*5 x 60 minute sessions of Fearless & Frank conversations, practical written & spoken exercises, Personal Growth through Research and Observation, Visualisations & Role Play. Results-oriented & objective, professional advice.
*Email queries between sessions.
*E Journal To Record Insights & Actions.
*Reading & Video List.
*Progress Review & Future Plan.
* Can pay in 2 x $395 instalments.
|*10 x 60 minute sessions of Fearless Frank conversations, practical written & spoken exercises, Personal Growth through Research and Observation, Visualisations & Role Play. Results-oriented & objective, professional advice.
*Email queries between sessions.
*E Journal to Record Insights & Actions.
*Reading & Video List.
*Progress Reviews @ 5 & 10 + Future Plan.
**Strengths & Setbacks Exercises.
***Free Your Inner Speaker EBook Series
****Extra “Goddess Up My Sleeve ” 1 hour session. Expiry: 5 years!
* Can pay in 4 x $395 instalments.
Most clients take weekly, fortnightly or monthly sessions via a mix of phone / skype. Prepayment in Australian dollars is required for all sessions. You can pay via EFT (ask Geraldine for an invoice which will include the details for electronic funds transfer), or with credit card via our secure Eway Shop, incurring a 2% surcharge.
How Many Sessions Do I Need?
Well this is a tricky question because everyone is so different. I’ve had petrified clients sign up for 10 sessions, only to experience a breakthrough in the very first session. Luckily there is always a lot to work on because fantastic interpersonal communication skills are essential. And I’ve had clients sign up for 3 sessions and they need many more because they just aren’t ready… and they know it.
This is why I speak to each potential client for a 15 minute phone or skype chat beforehand so I can gauge how best I can help you and make sure we are on the same page.
As a rule of thumb, clients who:
- Describe themselves as very nervous, take 6 Authentic Voice sessions.
- Need to work on building connection, authenticity and credibility with themselves and others, take 3-6 Authentic Voice sessions.
- Are overstretched overachievers and need to build a habit of calm mindfulness (so they can hear their inner voice), take 6 Authentic Voice Sessions.
- Need to speak and present professionally to promote, share or inspire ideas, products, training should estimate 3 sessions for short presentations if they have minimal experience and 6 sessions for higher level workshops and speeches. Of course, if you know you just need quick advice in one area, just take 1 session.
- Are running a business, have decided to use public speaking as a promotional tool or career builder and need a bit of everything on that list for Stage 2 – then take 10 sessions.
- Seriously, if you are very nervous, don’t know how to inspire people to take up your ideas and you need to write a series of workshops, sign up for 10.
- Speak and lead professionally and are looking for an edge, their unique personal style and need someone with experience, tact and insight to add value, have a conversation with Geraldine first. Level 3 is for achieving big goals that will make a real difference to you and possibly others. It’s for help with staying on track – a coach in the wings for you to check in with and make adjustments as your career and personal life expands.
How Public Speaking Coaching For Women Works
1) Assured Confidentiality
1 to 1 private public speaking coaching to suit your unique pace and needs
2) Structured Methodology
Results-orientation, systematic work toward goals, hands on practical training, frank and fearless conversations, creative role play, Actions to practise between sessions, written and spoken exercises, visualisations, body language training, instructional drawing therapy.
3) Expert Feedback
Honest and constructive feedback, coaching and training from professional public speaking coach, Geraldine Barkworth.
4) Delivery Choice
You can choose between weekly, fortnightly, monthly, quarterly or for those keen to work in person, book half, multi-day intensives.
5) Added Value
Pre and Post Questionnaires to ensure you gain maximum benefit and integration of new learning and greater insight into self awareness. Email support between sessions. Training, workshop and retreat special offers.
How Effective Is Phone And Skype Coaching?
If you are attached to only working with me in person, which is tricky since I live in a small seaside town (Brunswick Heads) near Byron Bay in northern NSW, Australia, then you are in for a big surprise at the mind-boggling effectiveness of phone and skype coaching.
I was surprised myself when I first hired a long distance coach via phone, way back in 2002. Two things I noticed were: deep improvement of my listening skills and the remarkable level of trust and intimacy.
Thanks to technology, phone and skype coaching mean no travel, more time and flexible hours. Using your computer’s live camera for practicing body language and delivery methods is very useful. But not essential. Of course you will miss out on a cup of tea, but you can always bring along a brew of your own choice and we can still sup together.
How Can I Easily Calculate Time & Currency Differences?
This is easy once you use these two websites:
In Australia, we use the AUD Dollar. The best way to pay if you live outside Australia is by credit card (via my online EWay shop).
I live half an hour’s drive away from QLD border which thanks to pesky daylight saving, is 1 hour behind NSW for half the year. Pish! Simply use the timeanddate.com website to help you calculate session times where ever you are in Australia, the southern hemisphere or the world.
Can I Drive / Fly To Work With You In Person For Several Days?
Yes, no problem. Just need to coordinate our diaries in advance. I find that half days are best for absorption and to avoid brain freeze.
Clients who prefer this option are usually busy with narrow windows of time, or learn best by total one on one immersion or are in an incredible hurry. These clients stay locally in Brunswick Heads usually and enjoy our ridiculously fantastic river, beach, antique shops, picture house and excellent cafes to chill out and reflect on the art and craft of expressing who they are and what they do, in the simplest possible way.
Or, they hit the wicked lights of Byron Bay, 15 minutes away.
I'm Keen! How Do I Begin?
Public Speaking Coaching For Women is easy to begin:
1) Email or phone Geraldine and explain what you are looking for. Good time to ask her any burning questions about sessions, cost, frequency.
2) Geraldine will email you a pre-questionnaire to get your juices flowing, an invoice for prepayment and confirm the date/time of your first session.
In just three sessions with Geraldine, I went from being an apologetic mess as a speaker to grounded, confident and loving it! Geraldine provides practical tips in combination with advice on finding your own authentic voice. Worth every cent!
I was one of those people so scared of public speaking I always found ways around it. After 6 Skype coaching sessions with Geraldine, I learned how to get rid of negative thoughts about public speaking and how to prepare and calm myself to present to an audience. Invaluable.
I recently hired Geraldine to help me build my confidence as a public speaker. Although public speaking is part of my work, it has always been one of my biggest fears. I wanted to find a way to be less fearful of it - and more comfortable with the uncomfortableness. Geraldine really helped me do this - and I feel more aligned to myself, my speaking style, and my core values of delivering my work and message with beauty and integrity. Thank you Geraldine for helping this shy introvert continue to step up and speak out, exposing her heart to the world. I feel much more prepared for a big closing keynote I have coming up.
I was absolutely thrilled and relieved when I found Geraldine. I needed someone to coach me in public speaking when my novel was published. Her approach is unique, intelligent and fun. She worked miracles with me.
Thank you so much for the huge part you played in helping me to face my fears of public speaking and to understand that my audience wants to hear what I have to say as long as I give them what they want - connection. I can see now that speakers who rely on putting up a mask, rob their audience of the authentic experience of being with them. Thanks for that valuable lesson.
I loved our coaching sessions and used them again on Friday to launch my second book. It was amazing, I had no nerves at all! As a children's author, I was afraid my nerves showed when I was speaking and I needed to learn how to focus and come across as calm and succinct. I'm no longer afraid of pausing, taking a strong stance and making eye contact.
Geraldine …not only helps with techniques, but takes a holistic approach to what makes a confident, authentic speaker. She has the experience and wisdom to know what you don't know you need. Great outcomes.